At Coastal Ridge Real Estate, we have a passion for our people. Click below to check out our open regional positions, or click here to see our company-wide open positions.
- Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!What You’ll Do:As a Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll oversee the facilities at your assigned property(ies) to ensure that exceptional service is being delivered to all residents through quality maintenance practices. You’ll also serve as a leader in our organization, working alongside the Property Manager, in championing the Coastal culture and ensuring maintenance associates have the tools, resources and direction to be engaged and successful. You will also spend approximately 75% of your time in the field performing maintenance related tasks.Where You’ll Work:Pulliam Square is a 145-unit luxury mid-rise conventional multi-family apartment community located in fast-growing downtown Indy. The property is uniquely positioned to afford residents a true live-work-play environment as it is within walking distance to the central business district and the Mass Ave. cultural district. Studio, one, and two-bedroom floorplans feature modern upscale finishes, walk-in closets, and floor-to-ceiling windows. On-site amenities include a craft brew pub with over 50 beers on tap, dog park, bocce court, and courtyard with city views.Your Responsibilities:
Who You Are:
- Oversee and lead the maintenance team from the field, including effective training, motivation, and development of team members to ensure daily tasks and larger goals are achieved.
- Prioritize, assign, and provide quality control of work orders performed by maintenance team members, which includes monitoring and participating in the daily completion of work orders.
- Obtain contracts and proposals from vendors and negotiate for best pricing; schedule and oversee completion of vendor work.
- Manage and execute the turnover of units and make-readies for new residents.
- Coordinate the annual turn process for student move out/move in, which includes selecting vendors, managing turn teams, maintaining the turn budget, and maintaining the turn calendar and due dates.
- Execute the property’s preventative maintenance plan to maintain curb appeal and physical integrity of the overall property.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of the maintenance budget; Manage parts inventory and control costs to maintain budget.
- As needed, assist our Facilities team in the coordination all construction and rehabilitation projects including planning, vendor engagement and bidding, progress inspections, timeline and scheduling, and approval of completed projects.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops
- Participate in on call emergency duties.
- A people leader. Let’s be real – managing people is hard. Ideally, you’ve coached, directly managed, and demonstrably moved the effectiveness of other adults before taking this job. You build relationships based on respect, inspire and motivate others to buy into your vision, navigate challenging conversations with finesse, make tough calls, invest in the development of your team, communicate effectively in all formats, give and receive feedback fluidly, and model/hold a high bar of excellence.
- Customer service driven. You understand that our residents are the lifeblood of our company. You approach residents, prospects, and vendors with a positive, friendly attitude and take pride in completing quality work and providing top-notch service. You take responsibility for and quickly rectify mistakes and respond to complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
- A courageous problem solver. You keep it cool when things get crazy, approach problems with viable solutions, and know when you need to roll up your sleeves to support the team.
- A masterful executor. You get things done. You fervently plan backwards to meet timelines, achieve big goals, and manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- Technically savvy. You know your stuff when it comes to supervising and performing high-level, technically proficient work including: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general carpentry, major appliances, pool care, painting, landscaping, ice/snow removal, roofs and gutters, etc.
What We Offer:As a Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll receive a competitive annual salary, quarterly bonus opportunities and a robust benefits package. Our benefits include your choice of three health insurance plans, voluntary dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and a 401k with 4% company match. This is a full-time exempt position, reporting to a Property Manager. Occasional travel may be required to attend training and other company functions.Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!
- High school degree or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in maintenance/construction
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
- EPA Certification (Type I and II) required.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification required at properties with a pool.
- Must be able to frequently walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to lift/move loads up to 50lbs as well as use a ladder.
- Must live within 30 miles of the assigned property and have reliable transportation to participate in on-call duties.
- Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!Who We Are:Coastal Ridge Real Estate is an entrepreneurial-spirited multifamily real estate investment firm with offices located in Columbus, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio and Malibu, California and apartment communities throughout the United States. Founded in 2013, our growing team of over 400 associates specialize in the acquisition, asset management, and property management of multifamily real estate. To date, Coastal Ridge’s portfolio includes more than $1.6+ billion in assets in the student housing, conventional housing, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals. We implement a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was honored in 2015, 2016, and 2017 as one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. and was also among Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio for the past three years.Where You’ll Work:Silvertree Communities is comprised of seven unique apartment communities totaling 892 beds, and services Ball State University and the greater Muncie area. Residents of all locations enjoy the amenities of the central clubhouse including a heated pool and sun deck, 24-hour fitness center, and sand volleyball court.What You’ll Do:As a Community Assistant, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of leasing production at your property and will provide top notch service for the day to day needs of our valued residents.Your Responsibilities:
Who You Are:
- Ensure that both individual and group leasing targets are achieved for the community and proactively communicate both opportunities or threats to the Property Manager.
- Ensure all lead information is entered, accurate and complete within Onesite.
- Ensure that all rental inquiries online, in person, or over the phone are responded to quickly and effectively.
- Ensure all prospects are followed up with through via phone, email or letter within 24 hours.
- Warm call prospects as needed.
- Meet, greet & provide tours to leasing prospects.
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of site leasing trends, traffic patterns and product availability and how that relates to sales and closing process.
- Ensure all models, office and clubhouse areas, common areas and the “tour route” are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance and proactively communicate any problems to the appropriate party.
- Properly close the leasing process by asking for the sale.
- Participate in marketing and outreach efforts.
- Assist with the planning and hosting of resident events.
- Effectively manage the community waitlist and communicate with prospects as changes occur.
- Ensure the proper execution of all screening procedures.
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of the lease agreement and related move-in paperwork.
- Ensure the proper collection of all funds and move-in related fees.
- Provide support and assistance to all customer service efforts at the community.
- Write up and file service requests from residents upon receipt.
- Completes other tasks as directed and assigned.
- A sales ninja. You know what it takes to slay leases and can effectively close the sale. You have a competitive spirit and you are laser focused on meeting or exceeding your leasing goals.
- A customer service guru. You understand how successful customer service is delivered and approach residents, prospects, and vendors with a positive, friendly attitude and take pride in providing top-notch service by building long-term relationships and going above and beyond customer expectations. You personally take responsibility for and quickly rectify mistakes.
- A supportive team player. You work effectively with others and go above and beyond to support the needs of your fellow coworkers. You are reliable and flexible and communicate effectively by communicating issues and challenges, listening, compromising, and seeking feedback.
- A masterful executor. You get things done. You fervently plan to meet deadlines and achieve goals. You manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- A detail oriented individual. You pay attention to the small things that make a big difference. You look at information with a discerning eye to ensure its accuracy. You understand the importance of editing and proofreading your work to ensure it’s done right.
What We Offer:As a Community Assistant, you’ll receive a competitive hourly wage and monthly leasing commissions. This is a part time non-exempt position, reporting to the Property Manager. Little to no travel is expected in this position.Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Computer literacy required.
- Previous leasing and/or sales experience strongly preferred. Experience in multifamily housing also preferred.
- Previous experience with property management software such as OneSite or Yieldstar preferred.
- In pursuit of a degree from a local university preferred.